Thursday, March 17, 2005

And now on a lighter note...

I'll be headed out for six weeks of parental leave on March 21st. I'll be spending the entire time with my family in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (the state and the city). Subject to availability of an internet connection, I'll regale you with tales of my exploits (appropriately edited to maintain this blog's PG-13 rating). Here's our basic itinerary:

5 days -
Teresópolis, in the mountains outside Rio
4 days - Niterói, birthplace of my wife and son and home of one of the coolest
museums (architecturally) in the world. This picture is really, really cool (if you squint you can seem my wife's grandmother's apartment building in the background ;-) ).
3 weeks -
Ipanema. (a few more images in case your apetite has been whetted)
Few days - Teresópolis (to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday)
Few days - Niterói

I can't remember the last time I was this excited about anything. We'll be back stateside on April 29th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home